By Ellie Roberto, Entertainment Editor
In these trying times of quaratine, it can be difficult to find positivity in everyday life. If you are like myself, being confined in one space every day can make you feel uneasy. In between going on walks in my neighborhood and doing online schoolwork, I have tapped into my inner chef. For the past few weeks, I have been experimenting with recipes for soups, jams, cookies, pies, muffins and more. Sometimes you just need a bit of comfort food to keep yourself going—double chocolate banana muffins are one of them.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup canola oil
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup of milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- ¼ cup chocolate chips of your choosing (I used ghirardelli dark chocolate)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF, line muffin tin with paper liners.
- Combine cocoa, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk sugar, oil, egg, milk, banana and vanilla in a separate bowl.
- Stir wet ingredients into flour mixture until just moistened.
- Fold in chocolate chips (add optional nuts).
- Divide batter into muffin tins.
- Bake about 20 to 25 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.